linux server, command & control, application virtualization
Nice to have skills:
perl, bash, automation, puppet
Our Guelph based client is seeking a Linux Administrator to work within the Systems Infrastructure team to plan, develop and maintain its systems infrastructure.
• Developing and maintaining servers and virtual machines
• Being an escalation point for issues related to Linux development and production systems
• Supporting an internal application team
• Ensuring customer needs and expectations are met
• Recommending upgrades, patches and infrastructure applications
• Implementing and advancing disaster recovery capabilities
• Planning, documenting and effectively implementing projects and systems
• At least five years relevant experience
• Experience in system administration (commands and utilities) in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of one or more computer programming or scripting languages, such as shell scripting, Perl, or PHP
• A university degree in computer science.